Introductory Bike Maintenance Course
A great foundation in bike maintenance.
Come and learn the basics and feel more confident about fixing simple mechanical problems with your bike. The aim of this course is to enable people to travel further without worrying about getting a puncture!
Please get in touch for dates and to book a place. Course cost: £25 per person.
- What tools are needed
- How to use basic tools
- Get to know your bike — learn the names of parts and what they do
- Check that your bike is roadworthy
- Adjust saddle, handlebars, brake and gear levers
- How to clean and lubricate parts
- Your ideal riding position
- How to adjust your bike to your body (adjust saddle/handlebar/brake levers)
|Tyres and punctures
- Types of tyres and their uses
- Wheel removal and replacement
- Check for puncture causes/removal and replacement of inner tube
- Puncture repair