Teaching / Training
Our Next Training Date; (please arrive 15mins early)
Tots On Tyres 11th April 2017 (11.30am-12.30pm)
Cycle Skills session, 11th April 2017 (1pm-3pm)
Road Safety (Level 1) Cycle training,12th April 2017 (1pm-3pm)
Road Safety (Level 2) Cycle training,13th April 2017 (10am-3pm)
BikeAbility Wales offers a range of cycle training for people of all ages and abilities.
We offer the following;
- One to one coaching for children and adults to learn to ride.
- Cycle Skills training for new riders.
- Group or individual Road safety training to National Cycle Standards.
One to one sessions
Teaching complete beginners to ride in a 1 to 1 session is available Monday to Saturday from the age of 5 upwards.
Booking is essential and costs £12.50 half an hour (for younger children) /£25 per hour (for 7 yrs above).
Cycle Skills for new riders
Cycling games, competitions, basic cycle maintenance and cycling skills training in preparation for National Cycle Standards Level 1. Takes place every Tuesday in half term and school holidays.
Booking is essential and costs £5/ Per Participant.
National Standards Training
Level 1,2 and 3 courses are run every half term and school holidays. We can arrange group bookings outside of these times.
- Level 1: Takes up to 2 hrs and starts at 1 pm and finish typically by 2.30 pm/3.00 pm. We generally recommend that children are at least 8 years old.
Booking is essential and costs £20/Per participant.
- Level 2: Takes up to 4 hrs and starts 10 am and finishes typically by 3 pm with a break for lunch. This Level is delivered to participants 10 years and above as an understanding of traffic conditions and road priorities is needed.
Booking is essential and costs £30/Per participant.
- Level 3 : Takes up to 4hrs and starts 10 am and finishes typically by 3pm with a break for lunch. This level is delivered to participants 12 years and above as the course involves cycling on busier roads and more complex junctions, including hazard awareness and risk management on all roads where cycling is permitted.
Booking is essential and costs £30/ Per Participant.
For all the training offered we can happily provide a bike if needed or alternatively you can bring your own bike.It will need to be safety checked before use on any course.